n the Assin South District of the Central Region, at Assin Edubease, a four-bedroom apartment was completely destroyed by fire on the 31st Night.
Mavis Gartey, who is nine months along with her unborn child, her husband Akwasi Mokwa, and other family members are lamenting their losses following the December 31 church program.
Despite the fact that no one was hurt, the house was completely destroyed, and the raging fire destroyed valuable property worth thousands of cedis.
Items destroyed included fridges, chairs, cash amounting to Gh¢15,000 and mattresses among others
Meanwhile, some of the residents blamed it on the electricity power fluctuations that occurred the night before.
According to them, when the current went up and down, fire engulfed the house.
Meanwhile, the Assin South NADMO coordinator, Emmanuel Kwabena Brewu, has called on philanthropists to come to the aid of the victims.