he Ghana Police Service has issued out a statement regarding a tweet by Shatta Wale which has to do with the death of one late Fennec Okyere.
The tweet reads:
“Bulldog since you’re bringing out secrets, you will tell Ghanaians what happened to Kwaw Kese’s manager, Fennec Okyere. I am not joking about this time! I am ready to tell the court about what you told me about you and your men and how planned that foolish act get ready. This Akufo-Addo won’t give you a murder chance to be on our streets!!! Watch how this ends. You can’t fight time!”
Grace Ansah-Akrof, the Chief Superintendent of Police and the Director of Public Affairs issued a statement which also reads:
1. The attention of the Ghana Police Service has been drawn to a tweet by Charles Nii Armah Mensah Jnr. popularly known as Shata Wale regarding the death of artiste Manager Fennec Okyere.
2. The Police have made contact with Shata Wale who is cooperating with us on the matter.
3. The Police would like to put on record that the recently established Cold Case Unit, has been working for months on all unresolved murder cases, including that of Fennec Okyere with support from the afflicted families.
4. This new development from Shata Wale is therefore going to complement our ongoing investigation.
5. We would like to take this opportunity to thank all the families who have been working with the Cold Case Unit since its establishment for their cooperation and understanding.
6. We wish to assure the public that the Police will continue to work relentlessly on these cases in order to bring closure to the afflicted families.