Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, the Information Minister made mentioned of the Government and the security agencies identifying the source of funding of the Western Togoland Secessionist group.
The security agencies had taken measures in dealing with all those involved, as well as to publish their names. For the actions of all those involved is considered criminal, which infringes upon the law of the country.
He later debunked claims that the security agencies were not proactive.
He said, “the agencies did well by securing critical state installations such as Akosombo and Akuse dams, Adomi Bridge and Ho Central Market which they targeted to blast.
The group attacked two police stations at Aveyime and Mepe, seized 10 AK47 assault rifles after breaking into the police armoury. They ransacked the police stations, released inmates and physically assaulted and injured police officers.
Joint police and military team rescued the police officers who were held, hostage.
The security agencies have so far arrested 31 members of the secessionist group, airlifted to Accra and in the custody of the Bureau of National Investigation Department (BNI) and the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of the Ghana Police Service and going through interrogation.
During the exchange of fire between the secessionist group and the security agencies, one person died and several were injured”
Mr Oppong said charges would be made against the men in their custody and arraign them for prosecution before court.
He also debunked claims that the government was creating confusion ahead of the December 7 election in the opposition NDC party’s stronghold.