Twelve (12) presidential candidates today by the Electoral Commission (EC) were cleared to contest in the general elections, come December 7th.
Earlier on, the EC had seventeen (17) nominees submitting their forms to contest. Out of the 17, we find five (5) of them being disqualified.
The five include Kofi Koranteng and Marricke Kofi Gane, who are independent candidates and Akwasi Addae Odike of the United Progressive Party (UPP), Kwasi Busumbru of the People’s Action Party (PAP), and Nana Agyenim Boateng of the United Front Party (UFP), a political party sponsored nominees.
The returning officer for the 2020 presidential election, Jean Mensa announced this at the Electoral Commission’s Let the People Know Forum on Monday, October 19, 2020.
Below is the list of the 12 presidential candidates who qualified for the 2020 polls:
1. Alfred Kwame Asiedu Walker – Independent candidate
2. Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo – NPP
3. Christian Kwabena Andrews – GUM
4. Brigitte Akosua Dzogbenuku – PPP
5. John Dramani Mahama – NDC
6. Akua Donkor – GFP
7. Nana Konadu Agyeman-Rawlings – NDP
8. Hassan Ayariga – APC
9. Ivor Kobina Greenstreet – CPP
10. Henry Herbert Lartey – GCPP
11. Percival Kofi Akpaloo – LPG
12. David Asibi Ayindenaba Apasera – PNC